27 February 2019
Here are six of the biggest problems with the theory of evolution:
- Scientists today generally agree that the universe had a beginning. This implies the existence of a Beginner or Creator. (Hebrews 3:4)
- The universe is so perfectly fine-tuned for life on earth, it must have come from the hands of an intelligent Designer (God) (see Romans 1:20; Psalm 19:1-4).
- If evolution were true, the fossil records would reveal progressively complex evolutionary forms with transitions. However, no transitional links (with species forming into different species) have been discovered in the fossil records.
- Evolution assumes a long series of positive and upward mutations. In almost all known cases, however, mutations are not beneficial but are harmful to living beings. This is a huge problem for evolution.
- The second law of thermodynamics, which has never been contradicted in observable nature, says that in an isolated system (like our universe), the natural course of things is to degenerate. The universe is running down, not evolving upward.
- Evolutionists often make false claims. Some have claimed that scientific evidence confirms that evolution is true. They generally appeal to the fact that mutations do occur within species (microevolution). But an incredible leap of logic is required to say that mutations within species prove that mutations can yield entirely new species (macroevolution). Two dogs cannot produce a cat!
Lesson: Believing evolution requires more faith than believing creationism.